Glo is the newest addition to West on Mane's professional services that expand beyond just hair. We offer professional Teeth Whitening and Spray Tan services.
Nuda Rapid Spray Tan
Rinse 1 to 5 hours and lasts 10 days
Price – $60
Nuda Regular Spray Tan
Rinse 8 to 12 hours and lasts 10 days
Price – $55
Preparation and maintenance tips
The secret to achieving a perfect spray tan glow has everything to do with preparing the skin before a session and maintaining the tan after the session.
Preparation: Before your session
- Exfoliate the skin 2-4 times before the session.
- The fresh skin cells will form a smooth base that your spray tan will stick to. The fresher the skin cells, the longer the life of the tan. A good scrub and an exfoliating mitt will allow the elimination of all the dead skin cells and impurities on the body. Pay attention to rough areas like the top of the feet, heels, ankles, elbows, knees, knuckles, etc.
- Shave, wax and exfoliate the skin at least 24 hours prior to the appointment. It’s important to allow the amino acids to reconstruct as DHA needs
amino acids to develop. Also, the pores need time to close before applying the solution. Otherwise, the bronzer can get soaked into the pores.
- Do not use lotions, oil-based exfoliating products, gels or waxing/shaving creams on the day of the appointment. These can leave a film and change the pH of the skin.
- Do not wear any existing self-tanner or residue from a former spray tan on the skin.
- If you really need to take a shower before the appointment, take it 3 hours prior to the session and rinse only with warm water. The steam can open the pores.
- If the skin is sweaty, make sure to dry it prior to the application.
- Do not wear makeup, cream, sunscreen, perfume or deodorant.
- Manicures, pedicures, facials and massages should be done days before the appointment.
- Moisturize the skin days prior the session (remember : not the day of the appointment).
- The application can be done with or without undergarments or a bathing suit.
- Wearing loose and dark clothes is recommended for after the session. Tight clothing can rub against the tan and remove color on some areas.
In summary, the skin should be perfectly clean, bare, dry and exfoliated prior to the session!
Aftercare: After the session
- Wait 8 to 12 hours or 1 to 5 hours before showering, depending on the solution. This is the period of time required for the development of NUDA spray tanning solutions.
- Avoid activities that provoke sweating or any contact with liquid during the development period. If it’s raining or snowing outside, you should wear long, concealing clothes.
- Do not apply cream, makeup or perfume on the skin during the development period.
- If the session takes place in the evening, you should go to bed wearing long clothes and to make sure the product is dry before going to bed.
- If you accidentally touch your skin, clean your fingers or inner hands with a wet and soapy cloth while carefully avoiding not wetting the rest of the hand.
- If you accidentally come into contact with liquids during the development period, you can apply a fine layer of self tanning lotion on this specific area and by rubbing the lotion around and across the light spots, you blend in the remaining bronzer with the self tanning lotion. After the first shower, the result should look even.
- Rinse the whole body and face thoroughly to prevent the cosmetic bronzer from leaking afterwards. Rinse until the water is clear. For the first shower, we recommend not using soap.
- Avoid body washes, lotions, sunscreens with alcohol, parabens, mineral or petroleum oil, sulfates or perfume.
- Moisturize the skin daily with an appropriate lotion. Use the NUDA body lotion for best results.
- Do not exfoliate the skin for the duration of the result. When the tan will start fading, it’s essential to exfoliate the skin again in order to remove the old tan residue.
- Use soft facial cleansers. Avoid oily or exfoliating ones as well as brushes. Beware of strong anti-acne products that dehydrate the skin!
- Do not wax areas where solution has been applied. A delicate shaving may be done occasionally.
- Do not apply perfume directly on the areas that have been sprayed. The alcohol present in perfumes can affect the spray tan.
- Excessive sweating, hot tubs, saunas, long baths and pools can cause a faster fading.